/An Inside Look At Princess Diana's Net Worth
An Inside Look At Princess Diana's Net Worth

An Inside Look At Princess Diana's Net Worth

An Inside Look At Princess Diana's Net Worth

On the fateful day of August 31, 1997, the world mourned the passing of Princess Diana. Injuries caused as a result of an accident led to the death of the Princess, whose life intrigued the public. While on one hand, they loved her charming smile and introvert nature, they admired her for her fashion sense on the other.

It wouldn’t be wrong to say that she became a fashion icon, inspiring many to emulate her style. In fact, the legacy continues even today, decades after her death. Other than her personality, people were curious of her net worth and the riches that she left behind after her death.

An Inside Look At Princess Diana's Net Worth

via Business Insider

The Royal Will

Princess Diana’s net worth was pegged at a colossal $31.5 million when the heavens beckoned her. The assets that she left behind her were carefully divided between her two sons, Prince William and Prince Harry. But because they were young when their mother breathed her last, the money was left in the safe hands of a trust to be later passed on to the sons after they turned 25. However, the fortune reached the boys only after they celebrated their 30th birthdays.

The generosity of Princess Diana was a reflection of her large-heartedness. It stated that while 75 percent of her jewelry and assets would go to her sons, the remaining 25 percent was to be bestowed upon her godchildren, who were 17 in number.

An Inside Look At Princess Diana's Net Worth

via The Frisky

An Insight Into Lady Diana’s Wealth

After she divorced Prince Charles, she received a significant part of his assets. It is said that she was given an amount worth $25 million. Other than this, the Prince was to look after the financial needs of sons William and Harry and loosen his purse strings by $600,000 million every year towards the private official expenses of his former wife. As per the agreement, Princess Diana could continue to be the owner of her apartments in Kensington Palace. Though she grew richer by a few million posts her separation from Prince Charles, she couldn’t live long enough to enjoy the new wealth since she lived for only a year after the divorce.

An Inside Look At Princess Diana's Net Worth

via Quora

Rumour has it that when she got married into the reputed royal family, her expenses were more than $1 million each year. These expenses were, of course, borne by the royal family, which could well afford it.

The Souvenirs

The memorabilia that Princess Diana left behind included the flowing, expensive dress that she wore on her wedding day in the year 1981. As was stated in her will, this collection of her possessions was handed over to her brother Earl Spenser. It remained with him until the time that Prince Harry turned 30 in 2014. In between this time, that her the older son became 30; the collection was put on display for two months at the Princess’ final resting place in England.

An Inside Look At Princess Diana's Net Worth

via Wikipedia

Totalling up 150 items, the prized possessions that were a part of this exquisite collection were her wedding attire, a pair of tiaras studded with sparkling diamonds, letters, jewels belonging to the family, and a set of letters as well as photographs. The collection was aptly titled “Diana: A Collection.”

The memorabilia also became a part of a museum located in Ohio. The funds collected from the exhibition of her items were later put to good use by way of donation to a fundraiser in the memory of the late Princess called ‘Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund.’

An Inside Look At Princess Diana's Net Worth

via Dianaprincessofwalesmemorialfund

In 1997, her famous blue dress of velvet that she wore to the state dinner at the White House in the year 1985 was sold at an auction. It was on this occasion that she danced with John Travolta, a Hollywood heartthrob at the time.

After her death, the possessions of Lady Diana were up for grabs. Among them, the sale of a 1994 Audi Cabriolet made massive news. It was sold for a price of $59,500 at an auction in 2016.

An Inside Look At Princess Diana's Net Worth

via Motor Authority

Memorabilia of Lady Diana has also been created to pay respect to her. In 2017, when this collection was made for fans, it was put up for sale on the famous bidding site eBay. The prices that the objects were valued at ranged from as little to $7 to $500,000. However, there were many takers for it.

An Inside Look At Princess Diana's Net Worth

JoJo Siwa is Growing Up. Is Her Boyfriend 28 Years Old?